Seeking Bridge players
• If you play Bridge, you are needed to form a small group of players. Contact Ann Dewitt 979-492-9263 for more information.
Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Every Monday &
• GED classes will be offered every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. For more information, contact Christian Kehl 979-709-7567.
• Anderson-Shiro Consolidated ISD first day of school.
• Shiro Seniors’ Luncheon from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. A meal consisting of chicken, broccoli and rice casserole with greens, salad and dessert. There will also be games. The event is free and sponsored by Shiro Feed and Fertilizer and the Shiro Civic Association. Seniors 60 and over throughout the area are invited to attend.
• Meet the Rattlers 8 p.m. at Rattler Stadium
• NISD Rattle Session hosted by Navasota ISD School Board will take place at the Progressive Center at 615 W. Virginia Street August 19, 6:30 p.m. Bond projects, dual credit, dual enrollment classes are among the topics that will be discussed. The public is encouraged to attend.
• Revival Barbershop, 105 S. Railroad Street in Navasota, ribbon cutting 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20. Stop by and welcome the new barbers and this great addition to downtown.
• Grimes County Fair Association annual meeting and elections at the Grimes County Go Texan building. Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
• Iola ISD first day of school.
• Coffee with the Chamber at the 4141 CoffeeHouse, 9:00 a.m., all are welcome and the first cup of Joe is on the house!
• Navasota ISD first day of school.
• Richards ISD first day of school.
• Hospice Brazos Valley is hosting a new volunteer training at 302 E. Blue Bell Rd. in Brenham, Friday, July 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. Contact Jessica Andrade to RSVP, 979-277-9525, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Iola VFD is hosting its first annual Spaghetti Lunch and Ice Cream Social, August 31 beginning at 11 a.m. at the Iola VFD, 23574 Brazos St, Iola. For more information contact Betty Moore 512-539-6792, Sue Ellis 979-218-7416, or via email email@example.com.
• NHS Prom this year will be April 25, 2020 at The Brazos Center for NHS Juniors, Seniors and their guests. Tickets go on sale in September and end April 7, 2020. There will be a fundraiser the first two weeks of October and the first two weeks of February to help with the purchase of prom tickets. Contact Nancy Bouliane 936-825-4231 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Navasota High School homecoming honoring the Class of 2020 and all alumni of the Classes ending in “0”. A memory walk of posters will be on display in the NHS Library October 4, 2019 to view graduates of the classes ending in “0”. Contact Nancy Bouliane at 936-825-4231 or email@example.com for more information.
• 14th Annual Bob Whit-ten Memorial “Shoot for the Moon Golf Tournament” at Pecan Lakes Golf Club in Navasota. The four-man scramble will begin with a 3 p.m. shotgun start. Half the tournament will be played in daylight and the other half at night with special events planned between the two sessions. There will also be a helicopter golf ball drop. For more information contact the Grimes Chamber of Commerce, 936-825-6600.