Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Every Monday &
• GED classes will be offered every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. For more information, contact Christian Kehl 979-709-7567.
• The Navasota Junior High will host their very first GEAR UP Family Night September 4, 6:30-7:30pm. All community members, parents, students and siblings are welcome to attend. Learn what GEAR UP is and the opportunities that come along with it!
• Anderson-Shiro Elementary will host Grandparents week September 4-6, during lunches. Punch, cookies and coffee will be available!
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. September 18, at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Guest speaker Greg Grant will speak on planting plants to attract the most butterflies. Greg is a nationally known horticulturalist who has worked for botanical gardens around the state, and currently writes for Texas Gardener Magazine. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
•American Legion Post 640 (Anderson) will conduct a POW/MIA recognition ceremony September 20, 12p, American Legion Hall, 415 Hill St. Anderson. Light refreshments will be served prior to the ceremony at 11:30am.
• The Brazos County A&M Mothers’ Club cordially invites you to the 2019 Howdy Tea Sept. 24, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., as they welcome all Aggie Moms and Special Guest of the 2019-2020 year. For additional information, please contact Diane Beck-told mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Downtown Businesses will keep their doors open late September 27, 5-9p.m. for “4th Friday Downtown-After Dark.”
• 7D Ranch, 2729 CR 305, Navasota, will host their 2019 Fall Festival and Chili Cook-Off September 30, 1p.m. Cook-Off teams, vendors and draw hunt visitors can call or text Courtney for more info or to sign up 713-501-0129.
• NJH will host Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A, 4431 St. Highway 6 South, College Station, September 30, 5-8 p.m. A representative from NJH will be there to collect receipts, all proceeds will benefit the Navasota Junior High.
• NHS Prom this year will be April 25, 2020 at The Brazos Center for NHS Juniors, Seniors and their guests. Tickets go on sale in September and end April 7, 2020. There will be a fund-raiser the first two weeks of October and the first two weeks of February to help with the purchase of prom tickets. Contact Nancy Bouliane 936-825-4231 or email@example.com for more information.
• Navasota High School homecoming honoring the Class of 2020 and all alumni of the Classes ending in “0”. A memory walk of posters will be on display in the NHS Library October 4, 2019 to view graduates of the classes ending in “0”. Contact Nancy Bouliane at 936-825-4231 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The NHS Class of 1990 will be gathering for Homecoming weekend. Please contact Christina-Lee Williams for information and shirt orders at email@example.com or 832-277-6780.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. October 9, at Marie Sebastian’s in Navasota. Guest speaker David McAden immediate past president for Brazos Valley Master Gardeners will speak on succulents. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
• 14th Annual Bob Whit-ten Memorial “Shoot for the Moon Golf Tournament” at Pecan Lakes Golf Club in Navasota. The four-man scramble will begin with a 3 p.m. shotgun start. Half the tournament will be played in daylight and the other half at night with special events planned between the two sessions. There will also be a helicopter golf ball drop. For more information contact the Grimes Chamber of Commerce, 936-825-6600.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. November 6, at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Guest speaker Kathleen Terrell will share pictures of famous gardens around the world, that she’s visited. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Bedias Civic Club meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Bedias Civic Center. Visit www.facebook.com/ BediasCivicClub, for the latest updates.
• The Whitehall Community Volunteer Fire Department will hold their barbecue sandwich fundraiser beginning at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. The event is held in conjunction with the Texas Pickers Antiques market that runs from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. in Whitehall.
• American Legion Mc-Cluskey Post 640 meets at 5 p.m. the second Monday of each month at 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Richards Township Association holds their monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Richards Fire Department.
• The Grimes County Democrats meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Progressive Outreach Center located at 615 W. Virginia St. in Navasota.
• The Grimes County Amateur Radio Group will meet at 10 a.m. the second Saturday of each month at Navasota Fire Department, 1500 LaSalle in Navasota. The club is open to all ages. Visit the group website at www.gcarg.org or follow at www.facebook.com/gcoarg. There is also a weekly net meeting at 6:30 p.m. each Thursday: 146.740 -6 offset 156.7 Tone.
• The Grimes County Republican Women hold the monthly lunch and learn meeting from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Citizens State Bank, 9109 SH 90 in Navasota. Lunch is $10. RSVP to President Teddi Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-894-1967.
• State Representative District 13 Ben Leman will have mobile office hours from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. the third Friday of each month in Anderson. The office will be open in the Commissioner’s Courtroom in the courthouse annex at 114 W. Buffington Ave. in Anderson. District office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Capitol Extension Room E1.512 at 1100 Congress Ave. in Austin.
• Based on public requests, there will be beginner/intermediate level mixed guitar classes held at Classic Rock Coffee Co. & Kitchen in Navasota. Classes will meet one day per week for one hour and four lessons will be $60. Class must have a minimum of five people. Interested parties may call Chris at 979-574-1187 or the shop at 936-727-5613. Students must provide their own guitar, acoustic preferred, instructor will provide all sheet music.
• The Grimes County Veterans Service Office will be open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 1010 State Highway 90 South in Anderson. The office will continue to be open during the lunch hour for those who can only come by or call at that time. The phone number to reach Veteran Service Officer Jay Lafferty is 936-873-4490. For change of address or any other changes in status, veterans may now contact the VA online at vets.gov for easier and quicker changes.
• The Brazos Valley Food Bank will offer application assistance from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays inside the Grimes St. Joseph Health Center at 210 S. Judson St.in Navasota. For more information, call Chelsey Ramirez at 979-779-3663, ext. 105.
• The Two Rivers Heritage Foundation holds their weekly ‘history mixers’ from 5:15 to 6:45 p.m. every Tuesday at Lynn’s Rendezvous Room across from the Navasota Post Office.