• Pilgrim Point Missionary Baptist Church, 9976 Pilgrim Point Lane in Navasota, is hosting the 2nd Annual Brotherhood Program August 11 at 3 p.m. There will be male singing groups and soloist are encouraged to participate. Special speaker is pastor Charles Hicks from Houston. For questions or to be added to the program contact pastor Rev. Rickey D. Manning, 1-346-666-8420 or any member of Pilgrim Point MBC.
• Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 224 Peeples St., will have their annual Family & Friends Day Sunday Aug. 18, 2019 at 3 P.M. Guest speaker will be Pastor Carla Goree, everyone is invited to attend. For more information please call Barbara White at 936-825-6561.
• Lee Tabernacle UMC invites the public to come and join us for our 159th anniversary on Aug. 18 at 3 P.M. The guest speaker will be pastor Rev. Templeton and Salem House of Blessings, and our special guest will be Lee Chapel in Bryan Tx. For more information please contact Anna Mazone at 936-419-6520.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/ casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May 17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and clean-up. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to mission reclaimed.com.
• Union Grove Baptist Church invites the public to visit one or more of the many services held each week. Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m., church worship service begins at 10:50 a.m. and Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. There is also a Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m. and the third Sunday of each month is the men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m.
• Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Rd. in Richards, invites everyone to attend weekly services at 9 a.m. Sundays with visitation afterwards. A weekly Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. The Rev. Ben Tibbs is the pastor.
• Dacus Baptist Church in Richards is holding computer classes from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The classes are free and for adults only. For more information, call 936-851-2842 or 936-597-5279 or email email@example.com.
• There is a youth ministry at Fellowship of Believers Church that meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.
• XYZ (formerly PPT) is an interdenominational Christian social club, sharing time together playing games, spiritual enrichment and the adventures of travel; thereby experiencing God-centered lives with brothers and sisters in Christ.
All regular meetings are held on the second Thursday, September through May, in the Family Life Center dining room at First Baptist Church of Navasota, beginning with games and visiting at 9:30 a.m. The program begins at 11 a.m. with lunch following.
• Carlos Missionary Baptist Church hosts gospel singing at 6 p.m. every second Saturday of the month. Everyone is invited.
• A Bible study is being held at 10 a.m. Fridays at The Place of Grace in BlackBerry Community along County Road 313. For more information, contact Ron Taylor at 281-380-8696 or Dianne Taylor at 281-382-5594. Everyone is welcome.
• God’s Profound Ministries is currently fellowshipping at Stonehamville United Methodist Church in Stone-ham Tx. on 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 11 am. All are welcome to come help us lift up the name of Jesus.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to news@ navasotaexaminer.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.