• Yarborough Chapel United Methodist Church, 7650 FM 2819, invites you to their Sunday Morning Service Sept. 15, 11a.m. hosted by rev. Mayor McGill of Forney, TX. Their annual Homecoming Service will follow at 2:30p.m. by guest preacher Michael Crooks. For more information, please contact 936-873-9975.
• St. Paul Baptist Church, CR 415 Navasota, invites the community to attend Usher Annual Sunday, Sept. 15, 3p.m. Bishop Gooden will be the guest speaker.
• St. Martinsville Missionary Baptist church will celebrate their Choir Annual, Sept. 15, 3p.m. Special guest speaker rev. George Ward, pastor of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. For more information, please contact 936-870-3400.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/ casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May 17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church presents “Broken Into Peace, Restore to Action” a 2019 women’s conference Saturday Sept. 28, 2019. Registration will be $15, and donation begins at 9 A.M. Special guests include Minister Wells, Minister Dickson, Michelle Hall, Lady Hackett and Shae Fleeks.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to noon and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and clean-up. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to mission reclaimed.com.
• Union Grove Baptist Church invites the public to visit one or more of the many services held each week. Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m., church worship service begins at 10:50 a.m. and Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. There is also a Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m. and the third Sunday of each month is the men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m.
• Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Rd. in Richards, invites everyone to attend weekly services at 9 a.m. Sundays with visitation afterwards. A weekly Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. The Rev. Ben Tibbs is the pastor.
• Dacus Baptist Church in Richards is holding computer classes from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The classes are free and for adults only. For more information, call 936-851-2842 or 936-597-5279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There is a youth ministry at Fellowship of Believers Church that meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.
• XYZ (formerly PPT) is an interdenominational Christian social club, sharing time together playing games, spiritual enrichment and the adventures of travel; thereby experiencing God-centered lives with brothers and sisters in Christ.
All regular meetings are held on the second Thursday, September through May, in the Family Life Center dining room at First Baptist Church of Navasota, beginning with games and visiting at 9:30 a.m. The program begins at 11 a.m. with lunch following.
• Carlos Missionary Baptist Church hosts gospel singing at 6 p.m. every second Saturday of the month. Everyone is invited.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to email@example.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.