• Salem House of Blessings Ministries, 1515 Sycamore Street in Navasota, is hosting a revival each Wednesday in July beginning at 7 p.m. Rev. Eric Williams of Friendship Baptist Church in Navasota will be the guest speaker July 31.
• Barbeque pit fundraiser honoring Mrs. Jane Lemmons and her love for music August 3, 11 a.m. at Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Road Richards. Plates are $8, and money will be used to help young students who will be learning to play piano.
• Stonehamville United Methodist Church is having a fish fry Saturday, Aug. 3 in the parking lot, 705 East Washington St. across from Dairy Queen beginning at 10 a.m. Plate lunches are $10 each. For further information contact Ruby Hamilton, 936-894-2592.
• Union Grove Baptist Church is turning 135 years old. Celebrate with the church August 4. Lunch will be served following the service. Sunday School for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m. and worship service starts at 10:50 a.m. Sunday evening service begins at 6 p.m.
• Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1111 South LaSalle in Navasota, is hosting a Musician Appreciation Celebration for Rickie D, Williams Sunday, Aug. 4, at 3 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
• First Baptist Church in Richards is hosting its 6th Appreciation Service honoring First Lady Murlean Dunbar and family Sunday, Aug. 4, at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. R.C. Lenton accompanied by St. Martinsville Baptist Church of Navasota.
• Greater First Missionary Baptist Church in Anderson will celebrate its 152nd church anniversary Sunday, Aug. 4 at 3 p.m. Rev. D.R. Whiteside pastor of Magnolia Missionary Baptist Church will be the guest speaker. Host pastor is Rev. Wayne D. Jackson. Everyone is invited to attend. For further details call Rosie, 936-825-4822.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/ casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May 17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and cleanup. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to missionreclaimed.com.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to news@ navasotaexaminer.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.