Whether you have your motivation for donating in the past or are looking for a reason to donate for the first team, here are 10 reasons why you should schedule to give blood.
• Your single blood donation has the potential to save up to three lives.
• Every two seconds, someone needs blood in the US. There is no substitute for your donation.
• One day you or someone you know may need blood. Why not pay it forward?
• Not enough donors give. There is currently an emergency need for blood.
• You may not be able to cure cancer, but you can help give someone strength to fight it.
• It’s an act of kindness and compassion. The world is always in need of that.
• Think of the snacks. So many snacks.
• You can bring a friend or catch up with a good book while helping save lives.
• Grandparents, grandkids, aunts, uncles, moms, dads, teachers, friends and neighbors all count on blood donors.
• And now, you can receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card donated by Amazon via email when you donate blood by August 29.
Blood donations in Navasota can be made at the First United Methodist Church, 616 Holland, Tuesday, Aug. 20, from 11:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. When donating use sponsor code Navasota.