Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Family loses home in Anderson fire

Posted in:
  • Article Image Alt Text
    Examiner photos by Matthew Ybarra Tracey Haynes and her family lost their home in a fire Friday, May 31. There is a GoFundMe account in place to assist the family of four. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and prevent i
  • Article Image Alt Text
  • Article Image Alt Text

ANDERSON- Firefighters from three entities responded to the 300 block of West Johnson Avenue early Friday afternoon for a mobile home fire.

Anderson Volunteer Fire Department arrived on scene and immediately requested backup from Navasota Fire Department and Plantersville-Stoneham VFD.

According to Anderson fire chief Michael Kimich the fire started from a barbecue pit that was on the front porch. “All three departments worked together to put the blaze out and prevent the fire from spreading to the homes on both sides,” said Kimich. “Unfortunately, the home was a total loss.”

There were two mobile homes in close proximity of the burning home. “I was in the shower and heard my neighbor banging on the door,” explained Jaylyin Minor. “I ran to the door and he was yelling his home was on fire. We called 911, but the house burned so quick. It’s a sad situation.”

The fire was contained, and firefighters were removing tin from the mobile home to extinguish flames that were harboring underneath when a heavy rain came to assist in the cause and cool down the firefighters.

A GoFundMe account has been set up for the Haynes Family. Tracey Haynes is a single mother of three, Woody, Jarvis and Kalandria. All attend school in Anderson-Shiro.

To help out this family go to and search Haynes Family.