Cedric Dewayne Love Sr., 41, of Bryan led troopers on a chase ending with Love being tasered and arrested.
According to Department of Public Safety Trooper Joe Morgan, Love was observed traveling in excess speed on Texas State Highway 6 Southbound near the Grimes County/ Brazos County line, Tuesday, June 4, at approximately 3:30 p.m.
Morgan said the initial traffic stop was for failure to control speed and failure to maintain a safe distance with the vehicle in front of him.
Morgan stated Love continued driving southbound ignoring the troopers attempt for a traffic stop. Love was seen disposing of unknown objects out of the window.
Navasota Police Department and Grimes County Sheriff’s deputies joined in the pursuit that eventually ended in front of the residence of Love’s father.
Love refused to comply to orders from the officers and was eventually shot with a stun gun. The subject admitted to ingesting an unspecified number of narcotics and was transported to CHI Grimes St. Joseph Hospital in Navasota for treatment.
Upon release Love was booked into the Grimes County Jail facing numerous charges.
• possession of a controlled substance greater than 4 grams and less than 400 grams, second-degree felony
• driving while license invalid with previous conviction/ suspension without final resolution, class B misdemeanor
• possession of marijuana greater than 2 ounces, class B misdemeanor
• possession of a controlled substance greater than 1 gram less than 4 grams, third-degree felony
• evading arrest with a motor vehicle, third-degree felony
• Tamper/ fabricate evidence, physical evidence with intent to impair, third-degree felony
Love is being detained in the Grimes County Jail on a $44,000 bond (at the time of this article).
Morgan sa id substances have been sent to the lab for analysis and additional charges could incur.