Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Every Monday &
• GED classes will be offered every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. For more information, contact Christian Kehl 979-709-7567.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. September 18, at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Guest speaker Greg Grant will speak on planting plants to attract the most butterflies. Greg is a nationally known horticulturalist who has worked for botanical gardens around the state, and currently writes for Texas Gardener Magazine. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
•American Legion Post 640 (Anderson) will conduct a POW/MIA recognition ceremony September 20, 12p, American Legion Hall, 415 Hill St. Anderson. Light refreshments will be served prior to the ceremony at 11:30am.
• The Brazos County A&M Mothers’ Club cordially invites you to the 2019 Howdy Tea Sept. 24, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., as they welcome all Aggie Moms and Special Guest of the 2019-2020 year. For additional information, please contact Diane Beck-told mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Grimes County Resource Center presents Fall Prevention Awareness at Buckingham Gardens, Sept. 26, 10a.m. Breakfast will be provided. For more info please contact 936-870-4575.
• Downtown Businesses will keep their doors open late September 27, 5-9p.m. for “4th Friday Downtown-After Dark.”
September 27 – October 13
•The Navasota Theatre Alliance presents “Smoke on a Mountain,” a country-themed musical with bluegrass songs and the North Carolinian Sanders Family. Opening Friday, Sept. 27 and running through Oct. 13. Details and tickets online at navasotatheatre.org or by calling 936-825-3195.
• The Washington County Volunteer Fire Department invites you to the Community Open House of new Station #2/District 5 EMS, 15505 Hwy 105, Washington, TX, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m. Ribbon Cutting will follow at 10:30 a.m.
• The VFW Post 4006 in Navasota will host their first ever comedy show Sept. 28, 7:30 p.m. Stop by and enjoy a cool beverage and some comedy while supporting these young entertainers.
• 7D Ranch, 2729 CR 305, Navasota, will host their 2019 Fall Festival and Chili Cook-Off
September 30, 1p.m. Cook-Off teams, vendors and draw hunt visitors can call or text Courtney for more info or to sign up 713-501-0129.
• NJH will host Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A, 4431 St. Highway 6 South, College Station, September 30, 5-8 p.m. A representative from NJH will be there to collect receipts, all proceeds will benefit the Navasota Junior High.
• NHS Prom this year will be April 25, 2020 at The Brazos Center for NHS Juniors, Seniors and their guests. Tickets go on sale in September and end April 7, 2020. There will be a fund-raiser the first two weeks of October and the first two weeks of February to help with the purchase of prom tickets. Contact Nancy Bouliane 936-825-4231 or email@example.com for more information.
• Navasota High School homecoming honoring the Class of 2020 and all alumni of the Classes ending in “0”. A memory walk of posters will be on display in the NHS Library October 4, 2019 to view graduates of the classes ending in “0”. Contact Nancy Bouliane at 936-825-4231 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The NHS Class of 1990 will be gathering for Homecoming weekend. Please contact Christina-Lee Williams for information and shirt orders at email@example.com or 832-277-6780.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. October 9, at Marie Sebastian’s in Navasota. Guest speaker David McAden immediate past president for Brazos Valley Master Gardeners will speak on succulents. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
•American Red Cross will host a Blood Drive at The First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 616 Holland St., Oct. 15, 11:30a.m. – 5:30p.m. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org and enter: Navasota to schedule an appointment.
• 14th Annual Bob Whit-ten Memorial “Shoot for the Moon Golf Tournament” at Pecan Lakes Golf Club in Navasota. The four-man scramble will begin with a 3 p.m. shotgun start. Half the tournament will be played in daylight and the other half at night with special events planned between the two sessions. There will also be a helicopter golf ball drop. For more information, contact the Grimes Chamber of Commerce, 936-825-6600.
•9th Annual Iola Hay Day will kick off on Oct. 19, 8 a.m. for the Bulldog Dash hosted by the Iola Community Center, followed by the parade at 9:30 a.m. There will be a costume contest, car show, chili cook off and the Jr. Aggie Wranglers along with vending, shopping and live music.
• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Bedias Civic Club meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Bedias Civic Center. Visit www.facebook.com/BediasCivicClub, for the latest updates.
• The Whitehall Community Volunteer Fire Department will hold their barbecue sandwich fundraiser beginning at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. The event is held in conjunction with the Texas Pickers Antiques market that runs from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. in Whitehall.
• American Legion Mc-Cluskey Post 640 meets at 5 p.m. the second Monday of each month at 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Richards Township Association holds their monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Richards Fire Department.
• The Grimes County Democrats meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Progressive Outreach Center located at 615 W. Virginia St. in Navasota.