• Salem House of Blessings Ministries, 1515 Sycamore Street in Navasota, is hosting a revival each Wednesday in July beginning at 7 p.m. Rev. Michael Wolfe of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Anderson will be the guest speaker July 24.
•Miracle Tree Day and Health Fair at Smith Dairy Queen in Navasota. Blood pressure, wellness checks and fun for the entire family. Every blizzard sold provides a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network. Begins at noon and ends at 5 .pm.
• Rev. and Sis. R. Lenton 25th Pre-Anniversary Service, 7:30 p.m. with guest speaker Rev. A. Ross of Galilee Baptist Church.
• Rev. and Sis. R. Lenton 25th Pre-Anniversary Service, 11:15 a.m. with guest speakers Rev. John Hubbard of Mt. Olive Baptist Church and Rev. S. Barlow of Greater Love Baptist Church
July 29-August 31
New Hope Church, 2159 Hwy. 105 East (behind Hi-Ho) is hosting “In the Wild” vacation bible school July 29, through Aug. 1, from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Registration is underway and a registration form may be requested via email, marva email@example.com or jennifer firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will also be available at the church the first day of VBS. For more information contact Marva Grice 979-219-2124, or Jennifer Henk 936-419-8069.
• Salem House of Blessings Ministries, 1515 Sycamore Street in Navasota, is hosting a revival each Wednesday in July beginning at 7 p.m. Rev. Eric Williams of Friendship Baptist Church in Navasota will be the guest speaker July 31.
• Barbeque pit fund-raiser honoring Mrs. Jane Lemmons and her love for music August 3, 11 a.m. at Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Road Richards. Plates are $8 and money will be used to help young students who will be learning to play piano.
• Union Grove Baptist Church is turning 135 years old. Celebrate with the church August 4. Lunch will be served following the service. Sunday School for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m. and worship service starts at 10:50 a.m. Sunday evening service begins at at 6 p.m.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/ casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May 17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and clean-up. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to mission reclaimed.com.
• Union Grove Baptist Church invites the public to visit one or more of the many services held each week. Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m., church worship service begins at 10:50 a.m. and Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. There is also a Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m. and the third Sunday of each month is the men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m.
• Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Rd. in Richards, invites everyone to attend weekly services at 9 a.m. Sundays with visitation afterwards. A weekly Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. The Rev. Ben Tibbs is the pastor.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to news@ navasotaexaminer.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.