The Navasota Examiner and Grimes County Review
The 1890s saw the start of six newspapers in Navasota. The descendant of two of those, the Navasota Examiner and the Grimes County Review, evolved into this paper.
The Grimes County Review first rolled off the presses in February 1894, and the Navasota Examiner was first published on Sept. 23, 1894.
In 1903, the two papers merged and quickly gained a reputation as one of the leading newspapers in Texas.
The newspaper's original home is listed as the Ackerman-Gudger Building at 129 Washington Street. It moved to its current location at 115 Railroad Street in the early 1940s.