• Richards and W.E. Hall Alumni Scholarship is hosting a musical Friday, Aug. 23, 7:30 p.m. at Bethel Grove Baptist Church, 7479 FM 1774 in Anderson. Rev. Johnny Williams is host pastor and sis. Annette Lewis Class of 1981 is chairperson.
• Richards and W.E. Hall Alumni Scholarship is hosting an alumni banquet at 1 p.m. at the American Legion Hall in Anderson, 415 Hill St. Keynote speaker is sis. Brandi Addison. A ba rbecue dinner will be served. The banquet and meal will be $20.
• Richards and W.E. Hall Alumni Scholarship concludes their three-day event with a service at First Baptist Church in Richards beginning at 11 a.m. Rev. Jimmy Lawrence from Hills Chapel will be the guest speaker. Host pastor is rev. L.L. Dunbar.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May
17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and cleanup. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to missionreclaimed.com.
• Union Grove Baptist Church invites the public to visit one or more of the many services held each week. Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m., church worship service begins at 10:50 a.m. and Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. There is also a Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m. and the third Sunday of each month is the men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m.
• Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Rd. in Richards, invites everyone to attend weekly services at 9 a.m. Sundays with visitation afterwards. A weekly Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. The Rev. Ben Tibbs is the pastor.
• Dacus Baptist Church in Richards is holding computer classes from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The classes are free and for adults only. For more information, call 936-851-2842 or 936-597-5279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There is a youth ministry at Fellowship of Believers Church that meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.
• XYZ (formerly PPT) is an interdenominational Christian social club, sharing time together playing games, spiritual enrichment and the adventures of travel; thereby experiencing God-centered lives with brothers and sisters in Christ.
All regular meetings are held on the second Thursday, September through May, in the Family Life Center dining room at First Baptist Church of Navasota, beginning with games and visiting at 9:30 a.m. The program begins at 11 a.m. with lunch following.
• Carlos Missionary Baptist Church hosts gospel singing at 6 p.m. every second Saturday of the month. Everyone is invited.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to email@example.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.