• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Richards Township Association holds their monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Richards Fire Department.
• The Grimes County Democrats meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Progressive Outreach Center located at 615 W. Virginia St. in Navasota.
• The Navasota Police Department will host their annual Treats on the Street Wednesday, Oct. 31, 6:00 p.m. on the 200 block of Holland St. for a safe and fun alternative evening of trick or treating. A costume contest will begin at 7:00 p.m.
• The deadline to submit scholarships to the Grimes County VFW Post for their annual scholarship is Oct.
31. For more information, please contact Georgia Molitor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Annual Crossroads Fellowship Community invites the public to join their Fall Festival Thursday, Oct. 31, 6 p.m., 5040 Colorado St.in Richards. Petting zoo, Halloween treats, bounce house, obstacle course & more are on the agenda. Come out and enjoy the fun!
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. November 6, at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Guest speaker Kathleen Terrell will share pictures of famous gardens around the world, that she’s visited. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
• Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad’s completion, Union Pacific’s historic Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 is touring the tracks for the final time this year. The steam locomotive will make multiple stops in towns and cities throughout the journey, one town included is Navasota. For complete scheduling details please visit www.up.com.
• Anderson – Shiro Elementary, 458 FM 149 West, Anderson, invites the community to their Jingle Bell Market Saturday, Nov. 9, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Get your holiday shopping done in one stop! Merchandise will include handmade, rustic, and vintage items, clothing, jewelry, baked goods, Fall and Christmas décor and much more. Proceeds benefit the Anderson – Shiro Elementary Activities. Entry is free.
• The Knights of Columbus Council 12672 will host their annual Quilt Show Saturday, Nov. 9, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., 22892 Mack Washington in Hempstead. Demos, vintage sewing, live auction, chicken fried steak dinner plus more! For more information or to enter the show contact Kay Saathoff at email@example.com.
• The Grimes County VFW Post #4006 will host their Annual Veteran’s Day Parade Saturday, Nov. 9, 10:30 a.m. Route will begin at Brosig Ave & East Washington Avenue to the Turner Pierce & Fultz parking lot. For more information, please contact Alex Zaragoza Cellph 254-466-6160 or Tony Lambert 936-218-5244.
• The Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce will host their annual Reds, Wheats & Blues Festival Saturday, Nov. 9, 2-6 p.m. in Downtown Navasota. Wineries, breweries & live music will fill the streets. For more information, please contact the Chamber of Commerce at 936-825-6600.
• All area veterans, spouses and guest are invited to the Bedias Civic Center for their annual Veterans Day Dinner Monday, November 14, 5:00 p.m. hosted by the Bedias Women’s Club. Invitations have been sent if you have not received one please contact Michelle Bobo at 605-393-7859.
•Navasota ISD Education Foundation will host their annual Banquet Thursday, Nov. 14, doors open at 5:30, dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. Table sponsorships are available from the Navasota ISD Education Foundation Board Members. Tickets can be purchased at Navasota ISD Administration Building 705 East Washington Ave. for $50 each.
• MHMR Authority of Brazos Valley invites you to their 3rd Annual Mind Matter 5K Saturday, Nov. 23, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Wolfpen Creek Park, College Station. To register please visit www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-mind-over-matter-5k-tickets-73869257939.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. December 4 at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Join them for sharing and socializing with a holiday flair. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Calendar items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota.