• Trinity Lutheran Church will host a hamburger or cheeseburger lunch and bake sale Oct. 5, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $8.00 per person and may be purchased in advance at the church or at the door.
First Baptist Church of Richards invites the community to their Annual Homecoming Program Oct. 6. 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker pastor Curtis Sanders, accompanied by Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church in Bryan.
• St. Paul Baptist Church, Cr 415, Navasota, cordially invites everyone to their annual Homecoming Program Sunday, Oct. 6, 3:00 p.m. Rev. Ruby West will be the guest speaker from Fountain of Faith Church, Navasota along with host pastor Tracy Chivers.
• St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church in Shiro will host their annual Building Fund program in honor of the late Sis. Annie Holiday Sunday, Oct. 13, 10:30 a.m. Guest speak will be rev. Marvin Cooper from Bryan. Host pastor is rev. Andrew C. Sanders.
• Coaxberry Baptist Church would like to invite the community to their annual Homecoming Service & Church Anniversary, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2:30 p.m. Guest church of honor is Pine Bluff Baptist Church with rev. Moses Hightower. Dinner will be served after service.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to noon and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and clean-up. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to missionreclaimed.com.
• Union Grove Baptist Church invites the public to visit one or more of the many services held each week. Sunday school for all ages begins at 9:45 a.m., church worship service begins at 10:50 a.m. and Sunday evening worship begins at 6 p.m. There is also a Wednesday prayer service at 6 p.m. and the third Sunday of each month is the men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m.
• Bays Chapel United Methodist Church, 24263 Bays Chapel Rd. in Richards, invites everyone to attend weekly services at 9 a.m. Sundays with visitation afterwards. A weekly Bible study is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays. The Rev. Ben Tibbs is the pastor.
• Dacus Baptist Church in Richards is holding computer classes from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The classes are free and for adults only. For more information, call 936-851-2842 or 936-597-5279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There is a youth ministry at Fellowship of Believers Church that meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday.
• XYZ (formerly PPT) is an interdenominational Christian social club, sharing time together playing games, spiritual enrichment and the adventures of travel; thereby experiencing God-centered lives with brothers and sisters in Christ.
All regular meetings are held on the second Thursday, September through May, in the Family Life Center dining room at First Baptist Church of Navasota, beginning with games and visiting at 9:30 a.m. The program begins at 11 a.m. with lunch following.
• Carlos Missionary Baptist Church hosts gospel singing at 6 p.m. every second Saturday of the month. Everyone is invited.
• A Bible study is being held at 7 p.m. Fridays at The Place of Grace in BlackBerry Community along County Road
313. For more information, contact Ron Taylor at 281-380-8696 or Dianne Taylor at 281-382-5594. Everyone is welcome.
• God’s Profound Ministries is currently fellowshipping at Stonehamville United Methodist Church in Stoneham Tx. on 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 11 a.m. All are welcome to come help us lift up the name of Jesus.
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to email@example.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.