Seeking Bridge players
• If you play Bridge, you are needed to form a small group of players. Contact Ann Dewitt 979-492-9263 for more information.
Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
•GED classes will be offered every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. For more information contact Christian Kehl 979-709-7567.
• Grimes County Chamber Academy focusing on “Memberships and Solicitations” businesses are asked to participate in, examining which are legit and which are scams. The academy will take place at the Navasota Center from noon until 1 p.m. Reservations are requested and can be made by contacting Grimes Chamber of Commerce, 936-825-6600.
• After Hours Mixer at Grimes County VFW Post #4006 in Navasota, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
• If you have a love one buried at Shiro Cemetery, are considering it for your final resting place or care about the cemetery, you are encouraged to attend the annual meeting of the Shiro Cemetery Association. The meeting will take place July 27, 10 a.m. at Shiro Methodist Church.
• Texas A&M Grimes County AgriLife Extension office, 205 Veterans Memorial Drive in Navasota, is hosting a food safety workshop from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. Kitchen safety and handwashing techniques will be among the training taught. Contact Carla Hayes, 936-873-3907, or via email Carla.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Rattler Media Day
• The Navasota Blues Review
• Meet the Rattlers 8pm @ Rattler Stadium
• Anderson Shiro meet the teachers @ 4:30PM
• Grimes County Fair Association monthly meeting at the Grimes County Go Texan building. Proposed changes to the by-laws will be discussed. Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
• Strengthening Families of the Brazos Valley host Grimes County Health and Safety Fair. The free event will feature food, fun, health screening, safety tips, giveaways, and everything kids need to get ready for the new school year. The event runs from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.at the Grimes county fairgrounds, 2550 FM 3455 Rd. Navasota.
• Anderson-Shiro Consolidated ISD first day of school.
• Grimes County Fair Association annual meeting and elections at the Grimes County Go Texan building. Meeting begins at 7 p.m.
• Iola ISD first day of school.
• Navasota ISD first day of school.
• Richards ISD first day of school.
• Hospice Brazos Valley is hosting a new volunteer training at 302 E. Blue Bell Rd. in Brenham, Friday, July 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided. Contact Jessica Andrade to RSVP, 979-277-9525, or via email jandrade@hospicebrazos valley.org.
• Iola VFD is hosting its first annual Spaghetti Lunch and Ice Cream Social, August 31 beginning at 11 a.m. at the Iola VFD, 23574 Brazos St, Iola. For more information contact Betty Moore 512-539-6792, Sue Ellis 979-218-7416, or via email email@example.com.
• NHS Prom this year will be April 25, 2020 at The Brazos Center for NHS Juniors, Seniors and their guests. Tickets go on sale in September and end April 7, 2020. There will be a fundraiser the first two weeks of October and the first two weeks of February to help with the purchase of prom tickets. Contact Nancy Bouliane 936-825-4231 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Navasota High School homecoming honoring the Class of 2020 and all alumni of the Classes ending in “0”. A memory walk of posters will be on display in the NHS Library October 4, 2019 to view graduates of the classes ending in “0”. Contact Nancy Bouliane at 936-825-4231 or email@example.com for more information.
• 14th Annual Bob Whit-ten Memorial “Shoot for the Moon Golf Tournament” at Pecan Lakes Golf Club in Navasota. The four-man scramble will begin with a 3 p.m. shotgun start. Half the tournament will be played in daylight and the other half at night with special events planned between the two sessions. There will also be a helicopter golf ball drop. For more information contact the Grimes Chamber of Commerce, 936-825-6600.
• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Navasota Garden Club meets at 10 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month September through May. Meetings are usually held at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. For more information, email Navasota GardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
• The Bedias Civic Club meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Bedias Civic Center. Visit www.facebook.com/BediasCivicClub, for the latest updates.
• The Whitehall Community Volunteer Fire Department will hold their barbecue sandwich fundraiser beginning at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. The event is held in conjunction with the Texas Pickers Antiques market that runs from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. in Whitehall.
Calendar items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St. in Navasota.