National anthem singing contest deadline March 31
Grimes County VFW Post 4006 is hosting Get Excited for the Red, White and Blue, a national anthem singing contest for youth grades K-12.
Contestants must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national. The contestant does not have to be related to a VFW or VFW Auxiliary member to participate.
• Video of contestant’s solo vocal performance of “The Star-Spangled Banner” must be recorded prior to March 31.
• Contestant shall state name and age prior to vocal performance.
• Contestant may sing a cappella, with backing tracks or instruments.
• Contestant may sing in the arrangement and genre of their choice.
• Contestant may NOT change the words.
• Complete and sign contest entry form.
• Parent/Guardian signature required on entry form.
There are two divisions: Grades K-8 and grades 9-12. First place in each division wins a $500 gift card, second place, $300 gift card and third place, $200 gift card.
Video must be saved to a flash drive or uploaded to an online video platform (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) and submitted with completed entry form to a local Auxiliary for judging. Entries not sponsored by a local VFW Auxiliary will be returned without being judged.
Entry will be judged on vocal ability, mastery of lyrics, originality or interpretation and entertainment value.
For more information visit www.vfwauxiliary.org or call 936-825-3666.