Nov. 27, 2019
• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Grimes County Democrats meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Progressive Outreach Center located at 615 W. Virginia St. in Navasota.
• The Grimes County Amateur Radio Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Navasota Center, 101 Stadium Drive, in Navasota. The club is open to all ages. Visit the group website at www.gcarg.org or follow the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/gcoarg. There is also a weekly net meeting at 6:30 p.m. each Thursday: 146.740 -6 offset 156.7 tone.
• The Richards Township Association holds their monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Richards Fire Department.
November – December 6
• Please help keep Grimes County warm by donating your new or gently used coats and blankets. Drop off now through December 6 at the Grimes County Health Resource Center, CHI Grimes St. Joseph Hospital.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. December 4 at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Join them for sharing and socializing with a holiday flair. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
December 5 – December
• Navasota Theatre Alliance presents “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” a classic play where Charlie Brown reclaims the meaning of the holiday. Opening Thursday, Dec. 5 and running through Dec. 15. Details and tickets online at navasotatheatre.org or by calling 936-825-3195.
• Visit the Bedias Civic Building Saturday, Dec. 7, 9 – 11 a.m. for Breakfast with Santa. Free pancake breakfast and a free 5x7 picture with Santa b y photographer Van Rigby.
Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Every Monday &
• Free GED and ESL classes are offered every Monday and Wednesday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Please call Anthony Garcia at 979/209-7300 for more information.
• The Bedias Civic Club meets at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Bedias Civic Center. Visit www.facebook.com/BediasCivicClub, for the latest updates.
• Head to Whitehall the first Saturday of each month for Texas Pickers Antiques market that runs from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• The Whitehall Community Volunteer Fire Department will hold their barbecue sandwich fundraiser beginning at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month.
• American Legion Mc-Cluskey Post 640 meets at 5 p.m. the second Monday of each month at 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Grimes County Republican Women hold the monthly lunch and learn meeting from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Citizens State Bank, 9109 SH 90 in Navasota. Lunch is $10. RSVP to President Teddi Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-894-1967.
• State Representative District 13 Ben Leman will have mobile office hours from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. the third Friday of each month in Anderson. The office will be open in the Commissioner’s Courtroom in the courthouse annex at 114 W. Buffington Ave. in Anderson. District office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Capitol Extension Room E1.512 at 1100 Congress Ave. in Austin.
• Based on public requests, there will be beginner/intermediate level mixed guitar classes held at Classic Rock Coffee Co. & Kitchen in Navasota. Classes will meet one day per week for one hour and four lessons will be $60. Class must have a minimum of five people. Interested parties may call Chris at 979-574-1187 or the shop at 936-727-5613. Students must provide their own guitar, acoustic preferred, instructor will provide all sheet music.
• The Grimes County Veterans Service Office will be open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 1010 State Highway 90 South in Anderson. The office will continue to be open during the lunch hour for those who can only come by or call at that time. The phone number to reach Veteran Service Officer Jay Lafferty is 936-873-4490. For change of address or any other changes in status, veterans may now contact the VA online at vets.gov for easier and quicker changes.
• The Brazos Valley Food Bank will offer application assistance from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays inside the Grimes St. Joseph Health Center at 210 S. Judson St. in Navasota. For more information, call Chelsey Ramirez at 979-779-3663, ext. 105.