• Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 6910 County Road 405, Navasota, invites you to their Church Homecoming September 1, 3:30 p.m., guest will include pastor Milton Lewis and his congregation from Charity Baptist Church.
• Spirit of Faith Church invites you to the annual Homecoming Program that will take place in Bryan, Tx Sept. 1, 2019 at 2 P.M. Pastor Roscoe Mason will be the guest speaker and everyone is welcome to come and worship with us.
• St. Holland Missionary Baptist Church will be celebrating their 130th church anniversary Sept. 1, at 3:30 P.M. Host pastor will be Sheldon Hadnot and he will be joined by guest speaker Pastor Robery Bailey Jr. from Greater New Hope Church. For more information call 936-253-6056 or visit 15898 Highway 6 Navasota Tx,77868.
•Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church family will be having an appreciation service for Rev. Aubrey Moore, Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019 at 3 P.M. Delivering the gospel message will be Rev. Tommy Hatchet of Lewisville Baptist Church. Rev. Hackett will be the host pastor. Come and be blessed. Contact person: Susan Taylor 936-870-8600.
• The Guardian Angels of St. Mary Plantersville is sponsoring a five-day/four-night trip to Biloxi and New Orleans from Sept. 23-27. The trip includes transportation, four nights at one hotel/casino and most meals. Besides casinos, there are many other places to see on the agenda. The price is $499 per person, based on double occupancy. Be sure to sign up ASAP. A deposit of $74 is due by May 17. For more information, contact Nancy Schlottman at 936-597-8327.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church presents “Broken Into Peace, Restore to Action” a 2019 women’s conference Saturday Sept. 28, 2019. Registration will be $15, and donation begins at 9 A.M. Special guests include Minister Wells, Minister Dickson, Michelle Hall, Lady Hackett and Shae Fleeks.
• The Anderson Food Pantry has 2019 volunteer opportunities. Volunteers are needed from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month to unload food from the truck, move boxes, unpack boxes, stock shelves and prep bags.
The food pantry is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, except July due to a holiday. Volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. to prep bags, stock shelves, check-in clients, carry out grocers, stock the Thread Shed, tear down boxes and clean-up. For more information, call 936-870-6178 or go to missionreclaimed.com .
Church News items are due by 3 p.m. Friday the week before desired publication. Email to news@navasota examiner.com or drop by the office at 115 S. Railroad St.in Navasota. Submissions are guaranteed to run the week prior to the event but will run as space allows if submitted earlier.