“L. Sal” Stone and local history Posted in: CommunityColumnsLifestyle When Highway 6 construction between Navasota and Bryan/College Station got underway in 1931, a Bryan man, Luke Palermo, happened to be a short distance north of the Navasota River just beyond the town of Navasota. As Palermo walked along the right of way watching construction machinery, he stubbed his foot on ...PLEASE LOG IN FOR PREMIUM CONTENT. Our website requires visitors to log in to view the best local news. Not yet a subscriber? Subscribe today!