• The Grimes County Republican Party meets at 7 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the Anderson Community Center, 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Richards Township Association holds their monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Richards Fire Department.
• The Grimes County Democrats meet at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Progressive Outreach Center located at 615 W. Virginia St. in Navasota.
November – Dec ember 6
• Please help keep Grimes County warm by donating your new or gently used coats and blankets. Drop off now through December 6 at the Grimes County Health Resource Center, CHI Grimes St. Joseph Hospital.
• Navasota ISD Education Foundation will host their annual Banquet Thursday, Nov. 14, doors open at 5:30, dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. Table sponsorships are available from the Navasota ISD Education Foundation Board Members. Tickets can be purchased at Navasota ISD Administration Building 705 East Washington Ave. for $50 each.
• Anderson Community Movie Night Saturday, Nov. 16 at Anderson VFD. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. hotdogs, popcorn & drinks will be available. Bring a lawn chair and a blanket.
• MHMR Authority of Brazos Valley invites you to their 3rd Annual Mind Matter 5K Saturday, Nov. 23, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Wolfpen Creek Park, College Station. To register please visit www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-mind-over-matter-5k-tickets-73869257939.
• Northwood Apartments, 516 Laredo St., invites the community to “Gobble till you Wobble Health Youth Fair”, November 26, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Students of all ages are invite to participate in this fun fill event. Vision checks, dental hygiene, healthy eating, games, snacks, prizes & more. For more information, please contact the Grimes Health Resource Center for more information 936-870-4575.
• The Navasota Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. December 4 at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 309 Church St. in Navasota. Join them for sharing and socializing with a holiday flair. For more information, email NavasotaGardenClub@gmail.com or call 979-255-3778.
December 5 –
• Navasota Theatre Alliance presents “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” a classic play where Charlie Brown reclaims the meaning of the holiday. Opening Thursday, Dec. 5 and running through Dec. 15. Details and tickets online at navasotatheatre.org or by calling 936-825-3195.
Free Exercise Class
• A free exercise class focusing on strength and flexibility for senior adults taught by John MacDonald. They meet at Roans Prairie Community Center Monday and Thursday at 4 p.m. The event is free, but donations are accepted. Contact John 979-595-6175 for more information.
• Need to Lose Weight? Join TOPS of Navasota, “Take Off Pounds Sensibly.” They meet every Thursday at 6 pm. at Grimes St. Joseph Outpatient/Rehab Building located next door to the hospital, 210 Judson St, Navasota. Private weigh in 5:30 p.m. to 5:55 p.m. A meeting is held at 6 p.m. Low, affordable monthly dues, group discussions and encouragement.
Every Monday &
• GED classes will be offered every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. For more information, contact Christian Kehl 979-709-7567.
• Head to Whitehall the first Saturday of each month for Texas Pickers Antiques market that runs from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• The Whitehall Community Volunteer Fire Department will hold their barbecue sandwich fundraiser beginning at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month.
• American Legion Mc-Cluskey Post 640 meets at 5 p.m. the second Monday of each month at 415 Hill St. in Anderson.
• The Grimes County Republican Women hold the monthly lunch and learn meeting from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Citizens State Bank, 9109 SH 90 in Navasota. Lunch is $10. RSVP to President Teddi Jackson at email@example.com or call 936-894-1967.
• State Representative District 13 Ben Leman will have mobile office hours from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. the third Friday of each month in Anderson. The office will be open in the Commissioner’s Courtroom in the courthouse annex at 114 W. Buffington Ave. in Anderson. District office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Capitol Extension Room E1.512 at 1100 Congress Ave.in Austin.
• Based on public requests, there will be beginner/intermediate level mixed guitar classes held at Classic Rock Coffee Co. & Kitchen in Navasota. Classes will meet one day per week for one hour and four lessons will be $60. Class must have a minimum of five people. Interested parties may call Chris at 979-574-1187 or the shop at 936-727-5613. Students must provide their own guitar, acoustic preferred, instructor will provide all sheet music.
• The Grimes County Veterans Service Office will be open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 1010 State Highway 90 South in Anderson. The office will continue to be open during the lunch hour for those who can only come by or call at that time. The phone number to reach Veteran Service Officer Jay Lafferty is 936-873-4490. For change of address or any other changes in status, veterans may now contact the VA online at vets.gov for easier and quicker changes.
• The Brazos Valley Food Bank will offer application assistance from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays inside the Grimes St. Joseph Health Center at 210 S. Judson St. in Navasota. For more information, call Chelsey Ramirez at 979-779-3663, ext. 105.
• The Two Rivers Heritage Foundation holds their weekly ‘history mixers’ from 5:15 to 6:45 p.m. every Tuesday at Lynn’s Rendezvous Room across from the Navasota Post Office.
• The Navasota Kiwanis Club meets at noon every Wednesday at Classic Rock Coffee Company in Navasota.
• Join the Iola domino club from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. every Thursday at the Iola Community Center. Donations are accepted.
• Meetings for Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) are held at 5:30 p.m. every Thursday at the CHI St. Joseph Outpatient Center at 210 Judson in Navasota. Weight in will be at 5:30 p.m. and the meeting begins at 6 p.m. For more information, go to www.tops.org.
• From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday, the Bedias Library and Museum is offering a summer reading program. For questions, contact Mackie Bobo-White at 936-355-0742 or visit www.facebook.com/BediasLibrary.
• CHI St. Joseph Rehab presents the TOPS – Take Off Pounds Sensibly – program from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at 210 Judson St. in Navasota. There will be a weigh in and meeting. For more information, go to www.tops.org.
• The Grimes County Senior Center, located at 129 Main St. in Anderson, is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for seniors 60 and older. Meals are served five days a week and attendees will enjoy games, bingo, dominoes, quilting, nutritional education, exercise and good fellowship. This program is affiliated with the Brazos Valley Council of Government and Area Agency on Aging. For more information, contact manager Evelyn Szymczak at 936-873-2818.