Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Time to read
2 minutes
Read so far

Nature’s call leads to arrest

Posted in:
  • Article Image Alt Text

TODD MISSION — Three adult males and one juvenile male were arrested in connection to a Jan. 24, shooting and aggravated robbery on Acorn Lane in Todd Mission that left the victim, Wayne Garcia, crit-ically injured with two gunshot wounds.

Tylar Jordan, 18, Dalian Nelson, 20, Jaquerius Duckett, 17, and a juvenile whose name is not being released were each charged with two counts of aggravated robbery, which is a first-degree felony.

In a probable cause statement released by Grimes County Sheriff’s Office, a 911 call was received at 1:49 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 24, by an individual claiming to have been shot twice. He was able to provide his address and was transferred to an Emergency Medical Assistant. Once connection was resecured with Grimes County Dispatchers, another male subject was on the phone advising dispatchers his cousin had been shot twice.

Upon arrival, a GCSO Deputy located Garcia, who was in and out of consciousness. Medical personnel arrived on scene shortly after and began treating his wounds. Anthony Perez, the cousin of the victim, stated to GCSO Deputies that Garcia had been shot during a robbery at the residence.

Perez told deputies he woke up the day of the shooting just after noon. He and Garcia decided to go to Magnolia to get something to eat but stopped at a gas station just inside the Waller County line on Farm to Market Road 1774. Perez stated Garcia forgot something at the residence, so they returned home.

A couple minutes later a light colored four-door sedan pulled in the driveway and five black males approached the residence. Perez said he recognized three of the males because they had been at the residence previously to smoke marijuana.

One of the males asked Garcia if he could come inside to use the restroom and he allowed him to enter. Perez stated a heavyset black male who he had never seen also entered the residence, sat on the couch, and began rolling a blunt. Approximately two minutes later two of the black males pulled handguns and told Garcia and Perez not to move. Perez said Garcia began to walk away and was shot in the knee cap. Perez stated Garcia stumbled but continued walking and the same black male shot him a second time, this time in the middle of his back

Perez said Garcia fell to the ground and was laying on his back while another black male was holding Perez at gunpoint. Approximately 10-15 minutes later, the victims fled after taking a PlayStation and possibly shoes from Garcia’s bedroom.

Garcia was air-lifted to Memorial Herman Hospital in Houston. As of Tuesday, Feb. 9, he was still hospitalized and listed in critical condition.

While investigating the scene a latent fingerprint was lifted from the raised toilet lid. The fingerprint came back as a match to Jordan who was identified in a lineup by Perez.

GCSO stated several agencies assisted in the case including Texas Department of Public Safety Ranger Division, Magnolia Police Department, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Constable’s Office Pct. 5, Conroe Police Department, Conroe ISD Police Department, Willis Police Department, Waller County Sheriff’s Office, Gulf Coast Fugitive Task Force, U.S. Marshalls, Department of Homeland Security, Brazos County Sheriff’s Office, Phoenix Arizona Police Department and the Houston Police Department